Monday, March 29, 2010

Getting Here from There!!!!





Well, we made it. In 24 hours (it seemed like 24 light years) we traveled the globe. St Louis to Detroit over the Arctic Circle through Russia to Shanghai.
Flying to China is LOOOOOONG. I told my husband, to just send for our stuff since I am not going back home on that flight! The first few hours of the flight you think, "geez, this isn't sooo bad". Even 6 hours in , you've eaten dinner, watched a movie or two and maybe even taken a nap. It's when the real tired sets in and it's bedtime. Now you're thinking, am I really going to sleep in this seat for 8 hours? I can't get comfortable and kids are spilling over from their seats with their arms and heads and legs all over you. I am thinking what in the world are we doing?

The important thing is that we're here. At around 12:30 am we arrived at the White Swan, all together and all in one piece. Here we are an hour before we meet Torie. The jitters set in and we are nervous. I am nervous...will she be crying, hanging on to her nanny for dear life? Will she like us? Will she look at us and say..."wow, these people are old, I was expecting Brangelina."? In 20 minutes we meet our guide to drive to Civil Affairs to meet her. Her life as she knew it is about to change. I pray that this brave little soul is not too scared and has the courage to leap into this big loving family!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time. I know that flight to China from Detroit is a bear. Thanks for sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you all! We're happy to hear you made it safe. We are praying for you 8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Maggie,

    I posted on the other blog. Oooopss. By now, you should have Ling Ling. Please tell her Jing Jing has been asking about her. We will continue to pray for you. Jing Jing only shed a few quiet tears on the elevator as we left the Civil Affairs Office last June.

    Please tell Ling Ling we love your home city and Jing Jing can come see her for a few days over the Summer if that will make her feel better.

    God Bless all of you,

    Lee Anm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie... send pictures... (lol) Hope all is well! Miss you (I miss our daily talks) and can't wait to get an update!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fight is long, but so worth it, I agree, trying to sleep more then a couple hours doesn't work very well on the plane. Congrats on Torie...I added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete